7.30.2007

Greetings!

I am eager to meet you all in Boston.

Already I am intrigued by the studio's direction. The computer's role in my life is an amusing byproduct and I marvel at how I can not seem to disconnect from it. I can still remember life without a cell phone. And today that is all I have. The days of a land line are gone for most of us. This is an interesting revelation, if our point of contact is now situated upon our person and it is no longer where we dwell; then maybe place is where we stand.

-till then...

3 comments:

Gus G.-Angulo said...

Kara,
I absolutely concur with you! But you know, this is just a next steep in our profession! (and life as humans! ……boy…is this good??!!). I still remain in awe that there are consultants that I Have “known” for years now, talked to them by phone, we have good conversations ask about the kids and the family, …..and I never seen them in person...very Hitchcock!!, but o well....adaptation: first rule of survival….…. right?
I look forward to “see” you in the WWW, …..and latter in Boston!
Gus

Unknown said...

Thanks gus!

I look forward to working with you as well in Boston.

Herb Childress said...

In a way, webspace is a return to the academic life of the medieval era, in which documents were sent across regions or countries by courier, and scholars almost never met one another. But that's true for any reader or media user, of course. I've never met Joan Didion, nor Peter Gabriel, nor Martina Navratilova -- and yet they've all influenced me deeply.

Murray Schafer has done an interesting history of sound. He says that throughout all of history, sound was local and immediate. It wasn't until the invention of radio that sound became divorced from place. And shortly thereafter, with the development of recording technologies, sound was divorced from time as well. I hear dead people all the time -- every time I listen to The Beatles or Leonard Bernstein.

So the blogosphere is strange, but somehow no stranger than life.