9.09.2007

Apple sub/store progress...






Good morning all,

Well it looks like the Apple purchases we made are now obsolete...although I wonder how a touch screen iPod could be useful? I know I go to great pains to protect my iPod screen. But it is an interesting development for our stores...I envision touch screen maps in the Apple sub/stores displaying interactive directions and traffic/weather info for the incoming commuters.
This
touch screen technology will provide movie rentals for your iPod... the next upgrade will probably occur with the Apple TV to accommodate the new movie rental feature... It would be annoying to have files left on your iPod that are no longer available to view... hopefully there is an auto clean up feature, like Norton spring cleaning for your iPod...

Well one thing is for sure; the new iPod technology makes for the ability to have apple product purchases all over the city! In my vision of apple sub/stores the Charlie card could become the next out dated item...I actually found a blog that commuters in Boston posted on ways to create a Charlie card that would be more adaptable for the pocket or even to fashion a UPC like pass that would be a tag on a key ring...{currently trying to cut down the Charlie Card actually damages a tiny antennae within the card making it unusable}
link:http://weblog.masukomi.org/2007/4/2/don-t-cut-your-charliecard

However I propose with a touch of your new iPod touch screen button labeled T-fare you could pass through the turnstiles while downloading your evening movie entertainment...

I will continue the work...



2 comments:

Amr Raafat said...

Kara!

The first section Perspective rendering showing the above and the underground worlds is the ONE.

May be that's why you post it as the first one, because you know how useful it is.

It conveys your Ideas greatly!

1- It could be of more useful to convey your Ideas and much more dramatic if the separation between the Two volumes is not only using that fine horizontal separation line/surface (ground) in 3D.

2-I wonder why the blue glass wall extend straight to below with same Character? are the below holding the above? does the wall below has to be perpendicular on the floor? and / or
there is third volume under the subway volume holding both?

I wonder if there would be any problem to switch both volumes, your recent underground volume UP and the aboveground volume BELOW, instead?

I admire Ted's words and observation when he said about your Design "The transition between the two with the glass floor and bobbing heads is an interesting melding of two otherwise disconnected worlds."

Otherwise disconnected world!

If you would, I dike to remind you with this:

T = Your underground world
Train
Track
Tunnel
Tube
Ticket
Travel
Timetable
Token
Toll
Trip
Trolley

How many of the above mentioned related to the word (move), (speed), Dynamic.??

Now I wonder, are the two worlds should have the same walls? does the Trains passage every day in its high speed and the air flow caused by the train movement cause dynamic walls too?

I understand your elegant geometry and the straight walls above the ground, could the walls below be more dynamic?

When I take the T ride , I always remember the happy moment after waiting so long, when the train just coming, with the air pushing, created from the train high speed through the tunnel.

I imagine your below ground walls, volumes, levels, affected by the Train speed going through your apple. (not below the apple).

The last perspective with the platform, is very revealing, putting your early mapping as a commercial in the T platform was a reminder! where you started and where you are now!

I would do the trains as 3d, I know its very tough, and you probably planning to do that, I don't mean you waist your precious time modeling a train, we should help you searching for a train in the 3D library. I did search for it but with not much luck so far!

The 3d train (not an image) will make it quite believable. and convey the speed, air, and interpreting the familiar experience in the underground world!

When i looked in the dictionary for the meaning of the word integration, i found
"a combination of parts or objects that work together well"

So they are not the same, i guess!?

In a a very limited time you have created so far, very hard work that conveys your original Ideas, keep it up! you almost there, with great work!

Unknown said...

Thanks Amr...

I have found your commentary most helpful. :)